Stainless Steel vs. Sterling Silver
Should I choose Stainless Steel or Sterling?
Short Answer: It depends on what is important to you.
If affordability is your goal, go for stainless steel. If having to gently care for and maintain your jewelry is a dealbreaker, go for stainless steel. If you like precious metals then go for sterling silver. It all comes down to your preference, style and budget.
About Stainless Steel
- Made from steel and chromium
- More scratch resistant
- Does not tarnish, rust, or corrode
- Mirror like finish
- Durable: ideal for everyday use due to its resistance to scratches
About Sterling Silver
- Sterling silver contains 52.5% pure silver and 7.5% copper
- Less scratch resistant than Stainless Steel
- Will tarnish over time, faster without proper care
- Thinner, lighter in weight than Stainless Steel
- Value: It is the most brilliant precious metal, but is more affordable than gold or platinum
Lora's Pick: Stainless Steel
"I tend to go for stainless over sterling simply because it will last forever and look 'like new' even after years of wear."
What about you? Do you prefer Stainless or Sterling?
Share your pick and why in the comments below.